- Sign-up and post a profile. Go to Twitter and “Get Started – Join.”
- Write updates throughout the day. You don’t have to say much because the magic of Twitter is the 140 character limit. Anybody can be a writer on Twitter. Post a link to a website, blog, or news article you like and add a few words about it.
- Posting URLs. If you post a really long URL, you can shorten it by going to www.TinyURL.com. The application will change a long URL into a tiny or short URL. To market your company blog on Twitter, that is the best way to post a URL.
- How to “chat”. You will see the @ symbol on Twitter. To have a conversation on Twitter, you use the @ symbol before someone’s Twitter username. This makes their username a link to their profile so other people can follow the “conversation”. For example, if you wrote “@ahauben to say thanks for the cool blog article” that would be a way of telling me you liked the article. Try it out.
- Publicize new products, events, sales, and promotions. Major companies, professionals, celebrities, and politicians are promoting their products, views and positions through Twitter. You can too. How do you think everybody found out about the iPad?
- Promote blog articles, books, webinars, and other interesting news. Assign someone to post links on Twitter that are relevant to your business, like a project success story or media hits. Post links to any content that is appealing to your audience.