Many authors are self-publishing their own books so they will have to promote them. Even if a traditional publisher prints the book, they do not always promote and publicize the book as much as you would like. So you have to get out there and market your book any way you can.
Here are some tips on getting publicity for your book:
- Prepare and distribute a press release to announce the book. Include the title, author, date of publication, ISBN number, price of the book, and how the book can be purchased.
- Twitter the launch of your new book. Announce your achievement on Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media sites. Update Twitter once a day or more to mention ideas from your book.
- Create a blog about your book.
- Send copies of the book to local newspapers with the press release and a bio about the author.
- Identify reporters at trade publications who might be interested in reviewing the book.
- Arrange for “Meet the Author” events at local book stores.
For more information on getting national publicity for your book, contact the Publicity Whiz:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 305-206-4488