The pet industry grew by 5% in 2009, according to the American Pet Products Association. More than $5 billion in net sales was reported by Petsmart for the year 2008.
You may own a pet store, either brick and mortar or online. Maybe you are a groomer, dog walker or pet sitter. So you know there is a lot of competition for a piece of the pet pie.
To grow your business, you need to do some marketing. There are many ways to get publicity about your pet business. Become an authority on pet care, pet nutrition and wellness, and general pet information and draw attention to your products and services.
Publicity tools that will help get your message across are as follows:
- Newsletters – e-blast a monthly newsletter using an email contact system.
- Blogs – create a blog focusing on pet care and pet products.
- Coupons – give out discount coupons within your market through direct mail and advertising.
- Get your pet on a local TV station and talk about a popular subject.
- Take a booth at local fairs and festivals and give away Frisbees or other novelty with your name, location, and phone number on it.
- YouTube is a great tool for showing off your pet and the neighbor’s and videocasting it on the Web.
For more publicity tips, call the Publicity Whiz: 305-206-4488