Internet marketing allows you to go global. When you write an article, it goes world wide.
But don’t forget about writing articles for your neighbors and the local community. In every neighborhood or area, there are plenty of free newspapers and community papers that are giveaways. They can be found in restaurants, drug stores, and supermarkets.
Here’s how to do it:
- Identify 2 or 3 community newspapers you would like to write for.
- Identify neighborhood community newsletters to write for.
- Call or email the editor and explain what your expertise is.
- Ask for the chance to submit an article that would be helpful to local residents.
- At the end of the article, put your contact information so people can find you and hire you to do a job.
- If your article gets published, post the article on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Always try to get the most bang for your buck, so to speak.
Jon Hauben wrote an article about Home Energy Performance for a neighborhood newsletter and then posted it on his blog, http://www.essentialcarpentry.wordpress.com.
For help, contact the Publicity Whiz.