Retail chains, both Mom and Pop stores and big box chains, are increasing sales by using email and social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, to announce promotions.By expanding their online presence and advertising promotions on social networking sites, retailers are reminding customers to visit for browsing and buying. It actually makes the customer feel welcome and wanted, generating loyalty.
Here are some tips on how to get attention through online channels:
- Develop a custom promotion. For example, offer a gift card to go with the purchase of a product.
- Feed the promotion information to influential bloggers that cover retail.
- Announce the offer on Facebook and Facebook Fan Pages.
- Announce the promotion through Twitter several times a day.
- Send an email about your promotion to your customer list. Use an email marketing firm, such as AWeber, Constant Contact, or iContact to send email blasts.
Do you have questions about social media? Let us know how you are using social media and internet marketing to increase your retail sales.